Help finding a software firewall

I don't know if it'll do everything you want, but you might take a look at Jetico.. It's a little more powerful and configurable than Kerio.. and it's free as well...

formatting link

Reply to
Kerodo
Loading thread data ...

Hello,

I'm looking for a software firewall for my laptop (WLAN and LAN) and I'm having trouble finding one that does what I want and now I'm hoping someone here can help.

Right now I'm using kerio personal firewall and I have positive things to say but it does not fully do some of the main features that I want.

I need to control access by IP addresses (both ranges and individually) Domain names netmasks and wild cards of the above. for both inbound and out bound access.

Plus port and port access.

Protocol access application.

again kerio is VERY close but it's missing the ip and domain control I need. I can block by domain but it only effects websites.

Plus full logging

Also control over "trusted networks" I trust my home lan and wlan but when I go a public network (esp a college) I have no trust so I need a way to have separate rules.

Can someone help me out?

oh, yeah plus all the other usual things.

Thank you,

TC

Reply to
TC

Give Zonelabs Zone Alarm a shot!

formatting link

Reply to
jiffylubed

I think this might do you if you have a peek at the advanced rules. They have a Free version and a Pro version.

formatting link

Reply to
Trinity

Reply to
William L. Sun

Try Jetico FW. It's free and has a lot of resources. It is in

formatting link

"William L. Sun" escribió en el mensaje news:p1TXd.28882$FM3.18686@fed1read02...

Reply to
Lobo

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.