Great Firewall/Australia censorship proposal

If you provide advice that means you provide a SERVICE to someone you are subject to their laws.

Reply to
Leythos
Loading thread data ...

*Conspricacy* to commit a crime is also a crime. Extradition applies for certain crimes, especially on cross-border offences.
Reply to
Bernd Felsche

Ha Ha

Who do you think you are? Osama bin Laden?

You are subject to the law, as soon as you start dealing with somebody in Britain, to the extent of your dealings.

Same applies to ANY country.

Enjoy your stay at Gitmo.

Reply to
Bernd Felsche

Chilly8 wrote in news:7f3f01e5-13c4-4ab5-a7bf- snipped-for-privacy@a29g2000pra.googlegroups.com:

Idiot.

Brian

Reply to
Skywise

Chilly8 wrote in news:cf70c301-f85e-4a89-8e4f- snipped-for-privacy@w39g2000prb.googlegroups.com:

Idiot.

Brian

Reply to
Skywise

That's not entirely true -- Criminal charges don't apply at all, unless the countries involved have an extradition agreement and your crimes fall under that agreement (and precious few of these crimes can be committed remotely)

Civil suits can apply, but default judgments are almost universally unenforceable outside their home jurisdiction, so about the only way Chilly8 would end up on the losing end of a civil suit would be to answer the challenge and lose, and even then, the winner would still need to collect in Chilly8's jurisdiction.

Reply to
DevilsPGD

X-No-Archive: Yes

We are carrying the swearing in of the 111th Congress on our new online TV station, and there are a lot of connections coming from office networks all over the place. Seems like a lot of people are tuning in from work to watch the new Congress get sworn in.

I am, as I write this, seeing connections coming from office networks all over the United States. Since my streaming TV server is not in any filtering lists, all one has to do is plug the IP and port into Windows Media player, and they will have the telecast on their workstation in seconds. NO filtering means no circumvention, no muss, no fuss, just plug the address into Windows Media Player and you are good to go. Who is connected right now reads like a whos-who of Corporate America.

I could IMAGINE what the load will be two weeks from today, we we broadcast the Obama innaguration on our both our TV and radio stations.

Reply to
Chilly8

In article , snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com says... [snip all spam / drivel]

Since you're not posing your domain / IP information, why are you posting this crap to this group?

Reply to
Leythos

Chilly8 wrote in news:ba80d66c-60a1-44cd-8879- snipped-for-privacy@r41g2000prr.googlegroups.com:

Idiot.

Brian

Reply to
Skywise

g to my VPN server, and sending the broadcast to the

Well, there is a new more secure encrypted proxy on the market now, that has purchased advertising from us. On the TV side of things, when not airing any programs, we run a looping PowerPoint slide show, which inlcudes station announces, and messages from advertisers. One new proxy service is running an advert with us, that makes bypassing workplace firewalls a selling point of their service. Here is one quote from the advert they have paid us for

"Your surfing activities at work will be undetectable"

This is a new super-secure encrypted proxy service that just came into being. The company is in the USA, since it is NOT a CRIMINAL offence, in the USA, to bypass work filters, it is LEGAL for my to carry the advert, since the server carrying the PowerPoint slides is at a colocation facility in the USA. In short, I am NOT SUBJECT to prosecution in Britain, or any other country where bypassing workplace firewalls IS a criminal offence, for merely CARRYING their advert. All since my server is at a colocation facility in the USA, any adverts that clients choose to run on either banner ads, PowerPoint Slides or audio adverts, are covered by the 1st amendment. Since the advert runs from a U.S.-colocated server, I am ONLY subject to UNITED STATES laws, in carrying that advert, and NOT SUBJECT to the laws of Britain, or any other country, where bypassing work firewalls is a criminal offence, becuase the SERVER is in the USA, and its where the SERVER is that determines what laws apply.

And since this company is in CHINA, they are ONLY subject to CHINESE laws, and the laws of wherver their servers are (Singapore, USA, Germany). In short, they are ONLY subject to the laws of China, Singapore, Germany, and the USA, and are NOT SUBJECT to the laws of ANY other country.

This Chinese company is in the business of helping people evade work and school firewalls, and really raking in the dough, from what I have heard.

Reply to
Chilly8

[snip]

Why do you post your crap too this group since nothing you post has anything to do with firewalls?

Reply to
Leythos

Chilly8 wrote in news:1ae0f383-3b15-4caa-bed1- snipped-for-privacy@w1g2000prk.googlegroups.com:

Idiot.

connectin

Reply to
Skywise

Why not snip the rest of his post after your single comment?

Reply to
Leythos

Leythos wrote in news:MPG.23d3bc6a9be1952f9897e5 @us.news.astraweb.com:

That would defeat the purpose.

Brian

Reply to
Skywise

If the purpose is to re-blast the group then it's not helping, we already know he's a idiot.

Reply to
Leythos

I believe he mistakenly thinks that, by quoting someone who has used the "X-No-Archive: Yes" flag, he is ensuring their post is archived. What he obviously does not realise is, it is his own post that is being archived and not the OP who he responded to.

Reply to
PAJ

Additionally, XNA is not honored by all archive services, making it almost useless in many cases.

Reply to
Leythos

Then why are you responding to the trolling idiot? Killfile it, and the noise about it's fantasies will go away.

Old guy

Reply to
Moe Trin

Leythos wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@us.news.astraweb.com:

erhhh....duh.... his post *IS* being archived, as the content of mine.

Your belief is mistaken, btw.

Which is what I'm calling him an idiot for.

First of all, if he thinks XNA is going to honored, he's mostly mistaken. Second, all one has to do is quote him and it becomes a moot point again even if XNA is 100% honored.

Sheesh, you folks are too uptight.

Brian

Reply to
Skywise

You do know that you replied to two different people in this thread by not replying to each reply, right?

And quoting his full post is just a waste if that's all you're going to include. At least post it at the bottom to make people have to scroll down to see your single line reply :)

Reply to
Leythos

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.