Good anti virus & firewall solution

For the past couple of months, I have had problems with NIS 2004 & NAV

2005 not dealing with threats from the Net, correctly. One time, I left Outlook opened for later review of an important mail. Only to come back and find my system in a loop. This problem was resolved -->

Format C:\\. :( Then last one has Norton Firewall reporting a BA Trojan Horse. Eh, is NAV 2005 sleeping on the job, or what? It turns out that Norton did deal with the threat in a mediocre fashion, as McAfee Anti Virus couldn't find it.

The McAfee AV is borrowed from a friend and I'd like to investigate a new solution; as opposed to Symantec's. My friend is a system engineer and feels that Windows XP SP2's Windows firewall does a good job for inbound traffic. He may well be right; however I prefer a two way solution.

My PC is part of a home wireless network and I can only control my PC. While I'm certainly no techie, I am pretty computer literate. Yes, I want the solution to be easy to use and good detailed setting. Windows XP is a little to simple for me.

I have heard about Trend Micro's new suite. How is it? How is the McAfee's Internet suite?

Reply to
nbbrindisi
Loading thread data ...

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.