FTP Server through D-Link router

Since I have my small d-link router I have a strange problem: I can receive or send datas on ftp on my friends, but when I want to launch my own ftp server with FileZilla, I can't resolve the public IP adress (when I try to connect on my local network it works).

PS: I'm using "no-ip"

Reply to
legourou
Loading thread data ...

Since I have my small d-link router I have a strange problem: I can receive or send datas on ftp on my friends, but when I want to launch my own ftp server with FileZilla, I can't resolve the public IP adress (when I try to connect on my local network it works).

PS: I'm using "no-ip"

Reply to
legourou

formatting link
The router should have the feature and DON'T use the DMZ keep the machine out of the DMZ and use PF and keep the machine behind the protection of the router.

The computer's NIC should be configured to use a static IP on the router and not a DHCP IP. You use a static IP because you don't want the IP the PF is pointing to too change because the computer got a different IP causing PF on the router not to work anymore.

D-link should have a Support Knowledge base Web site that should show how to do it or you can search Google or Dogpile.com.

You can do this if I have read what you're talking about correctly. ;-)

Duane :)

Reply to
Duane ;-)

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.