Firewall with user authentication in Windows domain

I know that MS ISA allows authenticate users against Windows domain. Is there another firewall that can make the same thing without using any kind of RADIUS/TACACS+?

Reply to
Anton Panyushkin
Loading thread data ...

Well; afaict Squid has an optional module to perform NTLM authentication; that should solve your problem; just have a look at the Squid docs

Reply to
ObiWan

Almost forgot, if you can't or don't want to use the squid auth module, you may as well use this s/w

formatting link
Regards

Reply to
ObiWan

The software policy of our company prohibits using Unix/Linux OS. I have to use software that is based on Wintel platform only. Besides ISA installed in firewall mode allows authenticate users that utilize not only "web" services such as HTTP(S) or FTP but almoust

*any* Internet service. So I'm looking for the firewall that is able to implement the same level of Windows authentication as ISA.
Reply to
Anton Panyushkin

Is your aversion to RADIUS becasue you dont want to buy it, or some other reason?

My Netscreen has a feature called 'Webauth' that allows something similar. The Netscreen cant talk directly to the domain itself, but I use MS's IAS (Internet Authentication Service) It is basically a MS implementation of RADIUS that uses all the AD info. It works slick. Juniper's tech support has whitepapers on implementation.

Even if you dont want to buy a Netscreen, you might want to look into IAS. Its free with any Windows server.

Reply to
W.B

If the ISA has all the needed features why don't you just install and use it ?

Reply to
ObiWan

2nd vote for IAS, trivially easy to setup and use, huge change from the previous version of it.

greg

Reply to
Greg Hennessy

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.