Firewall suggestion

What firewall do you suggest that only does firewalling and keeps itself off of spyware, virii and other security jurisdictions (and most of all, does its job well)?

Reply to
vani
Loading thread data ...

WatchGuard firebox x500 and above.

Reply to
Leythos

Sygate 5.6 3408

formatting link

Reply to
Casey

If you want to run outdated software that will no longer receive any security updates, that is.

cu

59cobalt
Reply to
Ansgar -59cobalt- Wiechers

Nowdays, it amazing how many users want the latest upgradable software with the ever increasing amount of features which are used to help sell the product.

From what I've seen, Sygate is complete within itself and doesn't grow old with age. In Sygate, the user builds all the rules and can make changes as required. Here are the functions which can be used in combinations to build each rule. Allow/Block, Host Address, Ports 1-65535, Protocols TCP, UDP, ICMP, Direction In/Out/Both, Scheduling, Applications.

I believe you will find that these are all the parameters one would require to control operation of their computer on internet--this of course disregards getting malware infections. That is a separate problem that is usually caused by how the user uses the computer. Casey

Reply to
Casey

Disclosed security vulnerabilities not being fixed by the vendor isn't growing old? You must be kidding!

Reply to
Sebastian G.

Because now that the program is no longer supported it has become totally impossible that anyone could ever find a security hole in it ...

Just like nobody would ever be able to exploit a design flaw like, say, running interactive services with elevated privileges.

Any irony found in here may be kept by the finder, BTW.

*cough*GRE*cough*IGMP*cough*L2TP*cough*

I on the other hand believe that you still don't have the slightest clue about IT security.

cu

59cobalt
Reply to
Ansgar -59cobalt- Wiechers

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.