Firewall rules

Good Day!

Currently, this is a simple LAN network with firewall diagram in my company.

Please kindly refer to

formatting link
the mentioned diagram.

I wish to set an IP on the network interface of the FTP/Web/Mail Server. Any suggestion?

Meanwhile, I would like to set certain firewall rules if the users in

192.168.1.0/24 wish to access FTP/Web/Mail Server

My suggestion:

From Internal To DMZ, Port 100.

Any more suggestions for the firewall rules? In the suggestions would be appreciate if IP, Subnets and outgoing DNS policy be included.

Thanks a million!

Reply to
hunkgym
Loading thread data ...

Three-legged-firewall with LAN and DMZ nets is a really basic firewall scenario.

You need to forward the FTP, HTTP(s), and SMTP ports from the external interface to the respective hosts in the DMZ. In the case of FTP you also need to deal with the fact, that FTP always uses two connections.

Allow access from the LAN to the servers in your DMZ and limit access to the required ports.

Suggestion for what? What is this rule supposed to achieve? Why port

100? Which protocol? And why from LAN to all DMZ?

Besides, you didn't even mention what firewall you use, so the syntax may be entirely different.

My suggestion: get someone with clue to do this for you. From what you wrote here you seem to lack even the most basic firewalling knowledge.

cu

59cobalt
Reply to
Ansgar -59cobalt- Wiechers

Good Day!

Firewall use - SifoWorks U-series firewall

Router use - CISCO Router 3800 Series

Thanks.

Reply to
hunkgym

Good Day!

Thanks for the fruitful information. Currently I only have 1 Public IP which I purchase from the ISP. Anyway, technically, which one is the better choice, use additional public IP or map one system to a port other then 80?

Would be appreciate too if you can share your relevant experience (about the brand of firewall you know or currently use) with all of us.

Thanks!

Reply to
hunkgym

Do you want more than one web server to be publicly available? If so, I'd recommend getting additional IP addresses, because otherwise your users would need to know the port number(s) for the other web server(s), which would be less convenient for them.

The brand doesn't matter that much. What you really need to begin with is a firewall policy where you specify who needs to access which host, and from where.

cu

59cobalt
Reply to
Ansgar -59cobalt- Wiechers

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.