Firewall Policy Mgt?

Just got some Csco Pix 500s and the CSM software cannot perform the policy mgt we were wanting, scale, dangling rules, and also manage our CheckPoint firewalls. Any helpon any tools out there we can use? Thanks

Reply to
Gunther
Loading thread data ...

Hi Gunther,

Using multiple vendor solutions, do not think you will find one management console solution to control all the different vendors' products that meet your every business requirement.

You may find solutions that say they can, but advanced feature configuration and other components will most likely only be configured from the vendor's specific configuration tool - as you have already found out.

Vendors tend to over promise and under deliver.

The best thing is to define your business requirements in detail, then and only then can a possible solution be identified, and it may not meet all of your requirements either.

You may wish to investigate - extraxi:

formatting link
as well as - netForensics:

formatting link
for future reference.

Sincerely,

Brad Reese BradReese.Com - Cisco Network Engineer Directory

formatting link
Hendersonville Road, Suite 17 Asheville, North Carolina USA 28803 USA & Canada: 877-549-2680 International: 828-277-7272 Fax: 775-254-3558 AIM: R2MGrant Website:
formatting link

Reply to
www.BradReese.Com

Reply to
Gunther

I suggest you examine

formatting link
. The paper specs on their policy manager product are very attractive, but I have not had a chance to experiment with their product [and I work on completely different kinds of work now, so it may be some time before I could give it a go-over myself.]

Reply to
Walter Roberson

Reply to
Gunther

Gunther,

This Cisco Packet Magazine Article just came out today.

Winning the Security Game - The Final Pieces in a Fully Deployable Self-Defending Network:

formatting link

-------------------------------------------------------------

Key Cisco Contact Information from this new article:

Mr. Calvin Chai Product Marketing Manager for the Cisco Security Management Suite Email: cchai at cisco.com

Mr. Jeff Platon Vice President of Cisco Security and Application Market Management Email: jplaton at cisco.com

Mr. Joel McFarland Senior Manager of the Cisco Security Technology Group Email: jmcfarla at cisco.com

Mr. Pete Davis Product Line Manager for Cisco Remote Access VPNs Email: pdavis at cisco.com

Key Cisco Website Links from this new article.

Cisco Security Management Suite:

formatting link
Cisco ASA 5500 Series Adaptive Security Appliances:

formatting link
Cisco Adaptive Security Device Manager:

formatting link

Hope this helps.

Brad Reese Cisco Repair

formatting link

Reply to
www.BradReese.Com

Reply to
Gunther

Reply to
znud

Reply to
Gunther

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.