firewall config

i have a Firebox=AE X Edge E-Series router i just installed. i have no problems getting out to the internet after setting up the box. i can't seem to figure out the incoming connections for rdp and http. i've opened port 80 and directed the traffic to my webserver (vista business iis 7.0) and port 3389. the browser says my webpage can not be found. anything i missed?

Reply to
jdrott1
Loading thread data ...

What firewall rules did you create to map external to internal?

Are you using the browser inside the network to try and connect to your=20 PUBLIC DNS name for the server?

Can you connect to the IIS from inside the lan?

Did you change the firewall on your VISTA WORKSTATION - as Vista is NOT=20 A SERVER by any means.

--=20

- Igitur qui desiderat pacem, praeparet bellum.

- Calling an illegal alien an "undocumented worker" is like calling a=20 drug dealer an "unlicensed pharmacist" snipped-for-privacy@rrohio.com (remove 999 for proper email address)

Reply to
Leythos

One thing that may or may not be applicable: I just went through a similar situation where I was trying to set up my home router to pass incoming traffic to test out a website I was writing. After spending several days trying different router rules, I finally called Verizon Tech Support (I have FiOS, and they supplied the router, though they don't manufacture it). After dancing around with several tech support people who didn't want to be helpful, one of them made the comment, "Oh, we block incoming traffic on port 80. You have to have a business account for that."

Reply to
daveh551

I hope you took the consequence and left them.

Reply to
Sebastian G.

I wish! Unfortunately, at my house, they're the only game in town. For testing purposes, I accessed the server with an alternate port number.

Reply to
daveh551

jonathan,

I don't know where this thread is going to .. but for your issue. there are some common issues to look in to before going to have a live server inside your network from internet.

1. Internal Routing for the Internal server
  2. External routing for the public IP.
  3. Static NAT on the router for translating internal to external.
  4. If it is port based redirection then you need to add PORT also in NAT command.
  5. Check whether the webserver is communicating internally properly or not?
Reply to
CK

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.