firewall auto rebooted everyday

recently every morning i encounterd our checkpoint firewall is shutdwon and the screen will prompt a message "you are requried to logoff the server", I have no clue why it happen. is it being attack by virus or trojan or someone remotely did a shut down of the firewall or hardware faulty? what could be the possible reason ?

kindly email to sg snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com.sg

thanks.

Reply to
sg_s123
Loading thread data ...

Please assign someone, who has clue. A firewalling implementation is no children's playground.

Yours, VB:

Reply to
Volker Birk

who can provide advise ? thanks

Reply to
sg_s123

Please consider ordering a professional security service provider. More information you'll find in a classified directory of your region. BTW: why don't you ask the provider of your Checkpoint implementation?

Yours, VB.

Reply to
Volker Birk

ok noted.

This only happen about 1 mths ago and at night only, I dun have any other problem with others w2k servers except this one.

My questions is :

1) f/w being attack by virus or trojan 2) Someone remotely did a shut down of the firewall or 3) Hardware faulty or 4) Windows 2000 server problem , infected with virus ?

what could be the most likely cause?

Reply to
sg_s123

Unclear. Begin checking the scheduling service. Maybe someone implemented this intentionally.

Yours, VB.

Reply to
Volker Birk

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.