Firewall Audit Tools (Redseal, Skybox, Algosec, etc.)

If anyone has experience with or has reviewed firewall audit tools, I would appreciate your input. Such products include RedSeal's SRM, Skybox's Security Assure or Algosec's Firewall Analyzer.

Reply to
Texas Fireant
Loading thread data ...

Dear Texas Fireant

You should take a look at the AlgoSec Firewall Analyzer

formatting link
- it can certainly do a firewall policy audit for a Check Point/Cisco PIX/Juniper Netscreen firewall, or for a Cisco router access lists. In addition it does Change Management and Policy Optimization, plus lots of other goodies.

If you register on the web site you'll have access to sample reports and much more.

Avishai

Disclaimer: I created the research prototype of what became the AlgoSec Firewall Analyzer when I was a researcher at Bell Labs several years ago, and I've been actively involved with the technology ever since, so I'm obviously biased.

Reply to
avishai_w

firewall audit tools, I

Where Skybox and Redseal are concerned, they encompass more than firewall auditing. Rather they provide an overall threat model of the network and systems attached to it.

We evaluated both Skybox and Redseal for at least a year. We chose Redseal and have had it in place for six months or so now.

We ingest Checkpoint, Cisco PIX/ASA, Foundry ACL, Cisco ACL, and Nessus data on about 3000 hosts.

We use the product to look at the overall threat from both internal and external risks.

Shoot me a PM, I would be happy to provide more detail offline.

John Penrod CISO The Weather Channel

Reply to
penrod

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.