Firebox x20-e, PPPoE, and seconday addresses

Is there some sort of setting somewhere on the Firebox x20-e that allows one to configure secondary IP addresses when it is a PPPoE client?

I have a DSL package from my ISP (AT&T) that gives me 5 static IP adresses. However, when I set up the X20-e (v10.0) as a PPPoE client, the option to enable secondary addresses is greyed out. My guess is that the developers of the X20-e assume that because PPPoE only gives you an IP address when you logon to an account, it is inherently dynamic addressing. And us sods should therefore be prevented from enabling any secondary addresses -- 'cause who knows when those dynamic addresses may change?

Thanks for any help on this.

-- Matt Hickman ...the People operate out where the pickings are rich, police protection non-existent, and a man can dicker without being hampered by finicky regulations. - Robert A. Heinlein _Citizen of the Galaxy_

Reply to
Matt Hickman
Loading thread data ...

I did find this document for our Netopia DSL modem:

formatting link
explains how to set up the DSL router as a non-NATed gateway, allowing an unblocked, routed subnet locally. This lets me to set up the Firebox X20-e manually and assign secondary addresses. And bypasses the need to configure secondary IP addresses if the X20-e is a PPPoE client.

-- Matt Hickman The problem could not be solved in any reasonable length of time without machine calculation. However, Matt could set it up and then, with luck. sweet talk the officer in charge of the Base's computation room into letting him use a ballistic integrator. Robert A. Heinlein (1907 - 1988) _Space Cadet_ c. 1948

Reply to
Matt Hickman

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.