Filseclab Personal Firewall

The best Firewall of all times, and best of all it is free.

Reply to
B.J.
Loading thread data ...

No, best of all is that it doesn't stop B.J. from abusing MSOE as a newsreader. (May be you'd rather prefer the fact that it's not a firewall at all).

Reply to
Sebastian G.

That is firewall, and what asshole like you is doing here?

Reply to
B.J.

It's not a firewall. Its implementation is unsuitable to implement a bridging firewall or a routing firewall, which are the two minimum subsets of every firewall implementation.

Maybe you wanted to use the term "host-bases packet filter"?

I'm telling you how seriously flawed your concept is, since not even a real firewall could protect you from exposing trivially insecure networking programs to an untrusted network.

Reply to
Sebastian G.

So how do you know it is best, and what was your testing criteria?

John

Reply to
John Mason Jr

Try it (since it is free) and then you will see what im talking about. It is so simple, and after configuring protect your computer in a ultimate way.

Reply to
B.J.

I tried it and found it impossible to configure even the simplest standard rules (like filtering for TCP states), it's trivially vulnerable to various DoS condition, and heck why does it even hook functions that are totally unrelated to network functionality?

As far as I can tell, you're a spammer advertising people to install this malware.

Reply to
Sebastian G.

As far as i can tell you are retard who does not know how to use keyboard, and mouse. You are nothing but a liar, if you tryed firewall, than you would see that tpc states can be configured in rules tab. Goddamn liar.

Reply to
B.J.

So far I only found TCP flags there. I haven't found any way to refer to actual TCP states anywhere, neither does the documentation tell anything.

Can you show me a configuration equivalent to the IPFW memo:

1 check-state 1 allow tcp from me to any out setup keep-state 1 allow tcp from any to any established keep-state 1 allow tcp from any to any frag keep-state 2 deny tcp from any to me 1-1023 in setup 3 allow tcp from any to me in setup keep-state ?

(Aside from that, just due to the trivial vulnerability to various DoS conditions no serious person would ever consider using this horribly broken software.)

Reply to
Sebastian G.

So you have no data to back up your claim, it is the best

John

Reply to
John Mason Jr

But "in a ultimate way", how can you refuse?

Reply to
DevilsPGD

Still granting that you meant it as a joke, there's a clear argument: Ultimate firewalling would imply perfect predicition of the future.

And prediction of the future better than chance (after considering all laws of physics) would imply a violation of all laws of physics as we know them.

This again would imply a high chance to fall out of our universe, getting compressed to the Planck size and heated up to the Planck temperature.

And no, this wouldn't feel nice.

Reply to
Sebastian G.

Ma najebem ti se mrtve keve stoko pokvarena (Sebastian G), ovi virusi sta ih saljes, to moze radit samo stoka, ona najpokvarenija. Stari moj listam ove postove i za nefalit U SVAKOM JEBENOM POSTU nalazi se tvoj reply. Koji kurac radis, sta ti zivis ovdje? Impotentni pederu. Samo te zelim srest na ulici da te malo provucem kroz sake. Translate this damn m*********er!

Reply to
B.J.

E i jos nesto unakazeni pederu. to tvoje pametovanje mozes zabit u supak. Al Capone:Nobody likes wise guys.

Reply to
B.J.

E, i jos nesto mrtvi majmune. Di ces za novu? Ja idem pit sa prijateljima di ces ti? Oces slat postove na ovoj grupi? Oces tako docekat novu jebo li te ja? Aj salji viruse nekom drugom pederu Da izadjes iz kuce mozda bi i upozna nekog bolesni kretene.

Reply to
B.J.

Sta je pedere, jesi uspija prevest? Nisi i neces jos dugo. Jebo li te trojan koji si mi posla. Da te jebo.

Reply to
B.J.

Ermm - 'I have a centipede in my anus that I wish you to photograph'? ;^)

Reply to
Jim Ford

Yeah, and i have bullet that i wish you to swallow

Reply to
B.J.

You have lost any credibility and with it your firewall.

Reply to
Mellowed

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.