Event viewer message.

I just did a fresh Win2k install here and saw this in my App Event Viewer. Anyone know what this means?

"The IP Security policy for ISAKMP/Oakley specified an encryption algorithm that is invalid due to export cryptography restrictions. All

3DES encryption used by ISAKMP/Oakley is weakened to standard DES encyption. Generally, this is benign. ISAKMP/Oakley will still be able to negotiate IP security parameters, and protect that negotiation with DES encryption. This should only be of concern if you demand that the ISAKMP/Oakley negotiation be protected with 3DES encryption. If this is the case, please contact your network administrator."
Reply to
Kerodo
Loading thread data ...

formatting link
(or
formatting link
Ok, thanks for the info...

Reply to
Kerodo

Thanks Duane...

Reply to
Kerodo

Kerodo wrote in news:MPG.1bf8623a859896fe989686 @news.west.cox.net:

I would think it's for an IPsec VPN solution. IPsec is on the Win 2K, XP and 2K3 O/S(s). If you don't have an IPsec VPN solution active on your machine, then you need not worry about the message. IPsec has to be started and a policy active for it to mean anything to you.

Duane :)

Reply to
Duane Arnold

Microsoft, in their infinite wisdom, have decided to ship 3DES separately from the OS. They have since come to their senses and included it with XP Home, XP Pro, and 2003 Server.

formatting link
formatting link

-Gary

Reply to
Gary

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.