DMZ Setup

That is a little to general. A better way to approach this is to first figure out what you are trying to accomplish. Then come up with a design. Secondly, to be honest with you, I am not impressed with Netscreen. I think they are junk. Nice GUI but I would never use it. Again, this is just my opinion.

Michael

Reply to
Michael J. Pelletier
Loading thread data ...

Are there any documentation that points to best practices for setting up a DMZ using a firewall like fortigate or netscreen

Barry Streets

Reply to
Barry Streets

On Fri, 10 Dec 2004 04:44:14 GMT, Barry Streets spoketh

Six simple rules to dating my firewall:

Allow as little as possible from the WAN to the DMZ Allow as little as possible from the WAN to the LAN Allow as little as possible from the DMZ to the WAN Allow as little as possible from the DMZ to the LAN Allow as little as possible from the LAN to the DMZ Allow as little as possible from the LAN to the WAN

Ok, so that was a bad pundit on "eight simple rules for dating my teenage daughter". Trust me, the rules for dating my daughter are stricter than this...

Lars M. Hansen

formatting link
'badnews' with 'news' in e-mail address)

Reply to
Lars M. Hansen

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.