DLink IPSEC VPN drops every 50 minutes

Please accept my apology if this isn't the appropriate place to post. If it isn't, a suggestion as to the correct group would be appreciated.

I have a client who has 3 locations. At the main location is a DLink DFL200 that has been working great for years. Each of the remote locations have a DLink DFL300 as the gateway router on a static IP internet connection. Both DFL300s have the same firmware level, and all of the VPN settings are identical, except for the inside IP block (one is 192.168.4.0/24, the other is 192.168.2.0/24), and the PSK.

The DFL300 at the 192.168.2.0/24 end works flawlessly. The one at the

192.168.4.0/24 experiences a two minute drop of the VPN tunnel every 50 minutes.

There is very little traffic on either tunnel -- they are used to provide telnet sessions, remote lpr printing, etc., to/from an ancient SCO Unix system at the main location.

I've searched Google, forums, Broadband reports, etc., exhaustively for a solution to this problem. The only common thread I've seen has to do with changing the MTU setting. We tried setting the problem DLink's MTU to 1400 and 1300, but still get the same results (2 minute dropout every 50 minutes).

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

RLW

Reply to
RLW
Loading thread data ...

Am Thu, 11 Dec 2008 09:33:32 -0800 schrieb RLW:

Check your ike lifetime and SA lifetime.

Reply to
Burkhard Ott

IKE and SA lifetimes aren't "settable" on a DFL-300 -- IPSEC lifetime is the only setting and is set to 3600 for both the working router and the sometimes-working router.

Settings on the DFL200 for each tunnel are identical, except for the PSK, destination network/netmask, and endpoint (WAN side) IP addresses.

Thanks for the reply,

RLW

Reply to
RLW

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.