D-Link DWL-650 Connection Problem

my wireless network was working fantastic - then i decided to add some software.

i added ad aware, spybot and zone alarm (also zonealarm to aid in future google searches) to my winxp laptop.

after i installed the software, my network connection doesn't work.

under network connections my d-link card says "network connection unavaiable."

i uninstalled zone alarm (the likely culprit, imho) and i get the same error.

everything else seems to be working fine. i restarted my router and everything seems fine there. my card has one solid light and one blinking light telling me it is connected.

does anyone have any ideas? how about a network troubleshooting guide that has a chance of resolving this kind of issue?

i think zone alarm must've set some variable outside of zone alarm itself when it installed. during set up i declined to have zone alarm automatically configure for my internet connection b/c i didn't that was a big deal - i thought all i had to do was go into programs and choose my setting for my browser.

also, i was trying to run apache and it just started - there was no popup telling me it was trying to start and it would not show up in my za programs list.

in addition, php was not operating correctly, either.

i'm ready to reinstall apache and php to newer versions, but i want to get the network issue resolved first.

any help or guidance would be appreciated. i googled this and didn't come across anything remotely similar.

Reply to
skeeterbug
Loading thread data ...

I suggest you go to the ZA site and download the instructions for cleaning your computer of the trash they left behind. When that's finished, download and install Outpost firewall. It's just as good and you have full control. Next start/programs/accessories/command prompt, then type in "ping

192.168.??.?? or what ever the address is for the other computers to see if they can communicate. Just been through all that and am finally linked after 11 days of pain. Tom J
Reply to
Tom J

tom, thanks.

i solved the problem by matching the settings of my wireless card to my router settings. apparently, zone alarm jacked them up.

Tom J wrote:

Reply to
skeeterbug

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.