Contentfilter

Hello

We're looking for a firewall that can handle 50mbps (generated by max. 2000 users) of throughput while doing contentfiltering (no av needed).

Any suggestions? - Thx in advance!

Cheers, Curtis

Reply to
Curtis M. West
Loading thread data ...

Clavister Security Gateways with the Content Filtering subscription should do fine cause of its high robust core, that's why Clavister calls it xUTM cause you should not need to blow down performance just by activating application layer protection like too many security products do. Clavister is not based on any OS , that's why it's different. Bye /RC

Reply to
roberto.correnti

There are many UTM which support 50mbps with Contenet filtering

1. Fortinet FortiGate 60 Series
  2. Firebox(R) X5500e
  3. SonicWALL PRO 2040 Firewall

But if u are looking for a heavy firewall then you should choose 1 from below

1. Cisco ASA 5500
  2. Juniper Netscreen SSG 140

Thanks.. CK

Reply to
CK

Hello CK

Thank you for your answer. As i said in my initial post, it's only about Contentfiltering.

Do you know the FG60B from a "real-world-situation"? For 50mbps created by max 2000users i got a recommendation of a FB1000A, what seems to be a bit of an overkill to me.

Maybe FB-200A or FB-300A? Or waiting for the FB-100B? ;-)

Thank you! Cheers, Curtis

Reply to
Curtis M. West

Ya i know the real situation and i know Fortinet60 Series is a bit low end model now.. Bit practically i have used FortiGate-300A with 150 users and it was working awesome that time. but as users increased we moved to ASA

I hope u demo a small model then FB1000A with your requirements

Thanks..CK

Reply to
CK

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.