Connection Issue

We currently are running a watchgaurd firebox 2 firewall, After a power outage we lost access to one of our external areas (lets user area1.company.com & area2.company.com). Area1 was available externally OK but AREA2 WAS NO LONGER AVAILABLE externally.

Numerous bounces of firewall/router/servers ensured.

So after a few days with no access to external area2 it suddnly was available again. There is a 5 port switch between the firewall and the router (allows another company to connect to the internet) and then 2 switches connected via a crossover behind the firewall. The swicthes are not managed.

We are wondering wither this is an issue with caching somewhere possibly out ISP or ARP tables on the switches. Any clues/help would be much appreciated.

Reply to
Bob
Loading thread data ...

Sorry, this is much too less information to help.

Yours, VB.

Reply to
Volker Birk

What other information would be useful?

Basically I would like to know why would my area2 not be visable then suddenly by visable on the web, with no changes being made?

Reply to
Bob

Any other information you have could help ;-)

Sounds like a bug in the software, though. What do you mean with "visable" exactly?

Yours, VB.

Reply to
Volker Birk

Reply to
Bob

The problem is, from layer 1 to layer 7 this could have many, many reasons. Without a problem description, which is much more exact, it is impossible for me to help, sorry.

Yours, VB.

Reply to
Volker Birk

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.