Conflict between Norton Antivirus and Sygate?

On my newly bought machine running Windows XP Professional, I just installed Sygate's Personal Firewall 5.5.

I cannot update my Norton Antivirus with LiveUpdate. Nor can I register my (OEM) copy of this software. More strangely, I cannot access Symantec's website from Internet Explorer.

Any idea about this problem?

Thanks,

Reply to
Kenneth Wong
Loading thread data ...

Default setting for Sygate Application Rules is Ask (blocked but asking for permission to connect to internet). When Sygate is installed all computer applications and services should be asking when they attempt to connect. Take a look at the traffic log. All (in/out) connections or attempted connections should be shown. Blocked connections should show why they were blocked (applicaton rules or advanced rules). Note port numbers. Application rules take priority over application rules. Look in advanced rules to see for the individual applications/services are blocked by a rule. Check to see if the application/services required ports are blocked. This is just a good Sygate trouble shooting sequence. Good luck. Casey

Reply to
Casey

Should be: advanced rules take priority over application rules.

Should be: This is just a good sequence to use for checking Sygate rules.

Casey

Reply to
Casey

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.