Cisco ASA 5505 VPN Help

This is my first Cisco product that I've tried using the new (ASDM) GUI interface to set up. I have to say that I'm surprised at how difficult the GUI interface is for configuration compared to other products. But maybe I just need to learn my way around it more.

Can someone help me with the VPN and GUI?

I configured VPN via the GUI, but I do not see any way to check the status of the VPN or even a place to "connect" and/or "disconnect" (bring up/down). I'm trying build a tunnel to a LinkSys WRV54G. Does the GUI provide this level of support or do I need to go back to the command line? How do I know if the Cisco is trying to connect?

Are there any good books or docs on how to sue the new GUI (ASDM)?

Reply to
tdenham735
Loading thread data ...

go to: monitoring (tab on top of the gui) -> vpn

or even a place to "connect" and/or

to disconnect: monitoring (tab on top of the gui) -> vpn -> vpn statistics ->

sessions -> logout sessions

to connect: you will need to send some traffic through the tunnel that matches the crypto acl

I'm trying build a tunnel to a LinkSys

You can do this using the gui.

How do I know if the Cisco is trying to

look at the counters under: monitoring (tab on top of the gui) -> vpn -> vpn statistics -> global IKE/ipsec statistics ->

Reply to
Robby Cauwerts

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.