Check Point Vs Juniper

I am searching for a firewall for my office, which has about 80 users. Can someone sugest what is best from Juniper SSG 20 and Checkpoint Safe@office 500G. I did a comparison and it is as below.

Brand Check Point Juniper Cisco Model Safe@office

500G SSG 20 5510 WAN Ports 2 2 1 LAN Ports 4 5 4 Inbuilt Virus Guard VStream Kasperesky Cisco Inbuilt SPAM Guard VStream Symantec Brightmail Cisco Web Filtering WebSense WebSense Cisco Intrusion Detection & Prevention Check Point Juniper Cisco Operating Levels In-between level 2 and level 3 Level 3 Level 3 Application Layer Protection Yes Yes Yes Firewall Throughput Max-150 Mbps Min-100 Mbps 160 Mbps 300 Mbps VPN Throughput Max-30 Mbps Min-20 Mbps 40 Mbps 170 Mbps Memory

- 256 Mb VPN Tunnels

15 10 Concurrent Sessions 8000 4000

Can I know what you all think about this. Thanks.

Reply to
damindra
Loading thread data ...

Am Sat, 02 Aug 2008 08:20:43 -0700 schrieb damindra:

I recommend Juniper, after we bought some (2x ISG 1000 and 4 SSG 140). We're totally satisfied, we run it high available with ospf via IPSec (also for SSG20 available).The IPSec implementation is nice and clean, in my opinion the best commercial Solution I ever saw (I had a OpenBSD Setup before and later we dealt with sonicwall but that was the biggest crap ever, and cisco was only able to send routing informations via GRE even NAT Traversal was not possible)

It's just my opinion and my experience I made.

cheers

Reply to
Burkhard Ott

There's alot more than marketing specs. I replaced 28 Checkpoint firewalls with Juniper and have been a happy camper ever since. We now have 72 Juniper firewalls and growing.

You haven't stated any requirements so how can we recommend?

formatting link
formatting link
alan

Reply to
Alan Strassberg

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.