CFS category 99 ?

Our Sonicwall content filtering service (CFS) is blocking this link:

formatting link
according to the log it is listed as "category 99". It's clearly an advertising server and not a link I would want to follow anyway, but does anyone know what "category 99" is? Where can I find a list of the categories?

TIA.

** Captain Infinity
Reply to
Captain Infinity
Loading thread data ...

formatting link
has a list of the categories for the CFS which is using Cerberian
formatting link
. There's 56 and there is no category

1. I know this because I know someone high up in cerberian as he is the customer support or service manager/super and have talked to him for a year and a half or so. I also use a belkin wireless router with parental control and there's 56 categories.

I don't remember where on sonicwall.com the list is, so if you can not find it, please reply in here and I'll try to help you and give you the list from the page belkin router links to.

Reply to
Joe

Thanks for reporting back in here, I appreciate it, :)

When I said there's only 56 categories I just meant that Cerberian does that many. I totally forgot the sonicwall allows the custom one, ooppss.

Reply to
Joe

Thanks, I found Sonicwall's list. The "help" section informed me that Category 99 is for "Custom Additions". One of the domains that has been manually entered in the "forbidden domains" section of the firewall setup is advertising.com, so I guess that's what's triggering it. (Although yesadvertising.com and advertising.com are not the same thing. It shouldn't be happening, but it is.)

By the way, Category 100 is logged if the firewall has a connection problem accessing a link.

** Captain Infinity
Reply to
Captain Infinity

oh yeah, in the sonicwall if you click on help, it shows category 99 as custom. so that's the keywords entered.

Reply to
Joe

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.