Can't send/recieve mail because of Zone Alarm :(

Open Zone Alarm, press program control on the left side of the console, than on the upper right side press the programs tab, than right click any area inside the program list, than press add program, than select the proram that is presently being ignored by Zone Alarm. You also mentioned that you deleted the Bat from the progam list, that might have resulted in that particular program having been deleted from internet explorer altogether. Check the add/remove list to see if it is still installed, you might be able to get the Bat restored to the program folder. You may also find the folder you are looking for by using start>search>for files and folders

Reply to
insomnia
Loading thread data ...

Hi, I'm using Zone Alarm 2.6.88 I've just upgraded my mail program The Bat! to version 3.0. Since then I have problems with sending/recieving mail. Everything is fine when Zone Alarm is not running. It seems that the firawall is the reason of my problem. I 've checked if I hadn't accidentally blocked internet access for The Bat!, I deleted The Bat! from the "program" list in Zone Alarm, and hoped that next time when I will try to recieve/send mail Zone Alarm will ask me if I want to give The Bat! access to the internet. Unfortunatelly Zone Alarm just seems to ignore The Bat! It just blocks internet access to Bat and is not asking me if I want to give Bat permission to acces the internet. The Bat is not on my Zone Alarms' "program" list and I don't know how I can add it again. I removed all the stuff from "program" list, restarted my computer and then everytime when I started any program Zone Alarm asked me if I want to give it access to the net, but it still seems to ignore The Bat. How should I cope with this problem? Could you please help me? Now I have to shutdown firewall everytime when I need to send/receive mail. :(

greetings k.

Reply to
semp

Hi, thx for the reply. I just upgraded to Zone Alarm 5 and everything is fine now.

Reply to
semp

wow! I never thought of asking if you upgraded zone alarm. I guess you thought ahead of me. Happens, though.

Reply to
insomnia

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.