Blocking internet sharing in LAN without blocking file sharing

hi, I am searching for a s/w to block internet sharing on some computer dynamically. I have a LAN of 40 PCs with one leased line internet connection. one of the 40 PCs has direct internet connection and connected to LAN switch also. Other PCs on LAN access internet via this computer. All PC has windows XP SP2. For Internet I created one connection and another for LAN on main computer. Other remaining computers have only one connection that is for LAN. All PCs are accessing internet by giving IP address of gateway and DNS servers.

Can anybody suggest me any s/w to block internet on any PC dynamically by just disabling internet sharing for that particular computer from main PC where Internet connection is directly connected? I want to control internet sharing by centralized system without blocking file and data sharing on LAN. I want to keep file and printer sharing on while blocking internet sharing simaltanously on any PC. For both purpose only one communcation cable should be used from the PC to the switch that interconnects all the systems of LAN.S/w should block only internet sharing while unblocking file sharing. I think it would be possible to block internet sharing and unblocking file sharing from main PC simaltanously from where internet is accessed by other PCs.If you have any solution to this problem plese tell me.

Manish Pithwa

Reply to
Manish Pithwa
Loading thread data ...

Check out some of the linux distros... IPCOP, smoothwall, monowall etc. Google for them.

Reply to
Rob

I am constraint to use win xp. will it be possible to solve the problem by installing Linux on main PC and others with win xp ?

Reply to
Manish Pithwa

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.