Block Internet Access with Win2K NAT or ICS

I am trying to configure WIn2K's built in NAT to prevent specific computers inside the LAN from accessing the internet using a browser (port 80?). All computers have internal static IPs (192.168.0...), so hopefully I can block by IP address/port combination. Is this possible using Win2K NAT and/or ICS? Thanks for your help!

Reply to
jloriena
Loading thread data ...

If I understand you correctly, you don't have to do anything to stop slave computers on a LAN from accessing the internet using the internet connection on the master computer. Just don't activate ICS. ICS (Internet Connection Sharing) is a device to ALLOW sharing, not block it.

Reply to
"Crash" Dummy

snipped-for-privacy@hotpop.com wrote in news:1103809093.238545.113280 @f14g2000cwb.googlegroups.com:

Yes should be able to do that with IPsec that's on the Win 2k O/S. You should be able to block any LAN side IP that was issued by the DHCP server ICS gateway Win 2K machine with IPsec.

formatting link
Here is some more information on the user of IPsec.

formatting link
Duane :)

Reply to
Duane Arnold

Instead of blocking it altogether, just simply invest in a filtering program, and filter out objectionable Web sites, problem solved

>
Reply to
Charles Newman

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.