BGP Security

I am final year student of Computer Science engineering from INDIA. I am trying to secure the BGP protocols by developing the Scrubber for BGPv4. This will remove the ambiguities in the BGP packets by sniffing them and using some algorithm. THis will also try to stop the Attacks on BGP. I would like to know your views on this. Also i am keen to get any suggestions or new information abt this topic.

Reply to
Protocols
Loading thread data ...

hey thanx for the reply. but i have some confusion that if i used authenication techinques will the attacks like "man in the middle" or "time to live" will be taken care of? i have searched on BGP4.as abt this but i couldnt got the satisfactory answers. Looking forward to you..

Reply to
Protocols

practically speaking we are working on the design part.... so what we wanted to know is..

1) are there any application layer attacks possible in case of BGP > 2) How frequent are they ? 3) What is the magnittude of these attacks ?
Reply to
gaurav.suryagandh

I'm just wondering, why not using well known authentication technics with BGP like a digital signature. But of course, I'm not very familiar with WAN routing details, so maybe someone could offer an explanation, why this is not standard already for a long time.

Yours, VB.

Reply to
Volker Birk

If you're using well-known authentication, then man in the middle attacks are very hard to do if not impossible in practice.

What exactly do you mean by TTL attacks?

Yours, VB.

Reply to
Volker Birk

*harrumph*
formatting link
Yours, VB.
Reply to
Volker Birk

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.