Azureus port problem for Torrent with windows firewall

I tried to download a torrent file from

formatting link

The site suggested that I use Azureus and Java so I installed Azureus

2.4.0.0 free and Java 1.5.0_06.

I also have Proxyway 3.0 free. It is another issue that it is aborting too often.

As soon as I start Azureus, I get an alert "Error: Too many successive failures occurred on port 49152, UDP - Processing abandoned. Please check firewall settings for this port to ensure that it is enabled for receiving connections."

I use xpsp2 windows firewall and proxyway and Azureus have "any computer" access in it.

following their help files, I created 49152 (port suggested by azureus, thus customised by me for their software) port's TCP and UDP access to "any computer". But to no avail.

I also added javaws.exe's access to "any computer" in firewall. but to no avail.

File and printer sharing is off, so is remote assistance, remote desktop.

PNRP and Windows Peer-to-Peer Grouping have full access, but UPnP Framework has no subnet access to TCP 2869 and full subnet access to UDP 1900.

I am writing all this, should not be taken to mean that I understand a bit of it.

So, I am stuck. I am not able to make Azareus work, and not able to download a file just because some setting of windows firewall.

Any help?

Thanks.

Reply to
V S Rawat
Loading thread data ...

Just so you know, Azureus should have an option in config that will limit the number of connections allowed. You can look at their online help files to determine the proper number of peers to allow to connect at any given time.

Reply to
Ryan P.

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.