AVG

the new AVG is a HIPPOPOTAMUS!

Bleah!

Reply to
buzzard
Loading thread data ...

Reply to
geoar75

Huh? what? ... and nothing. U wouldn't happen to know of some free antivirus thats a bit less blimpy, anyone?

(if not, i'll just start trying them out at random

Reply to
buzzard

Avast, Avira, or ClamWin

Reply to
G

That's the best you can do. Don't forget to try BitDefender and Panda Cloud Antivirus as well.

In my humble opinion, freeware antivirus utilities are not the best solution. Especially on a corporate environment.

--

formatting link

Reply to
geoar75

What do you think of Avg Rescue CD?

Thanks

Regards

Reply to
news.tiscali

didn't know there was one

Reply to
buzzard

Thanx folx, I'll check'em out as time permits.

(yeah, if it was for a corporate environment i probably would buy something, but its just for my own used and rather junky pc)

Reply to
buzzard

but not for the quality of the anti-virus recognition avast home free is absolutely wonderful imho.

but professional versions have features like error reporting, statistics the ability to push out updates from a controlled server, no licensing issues, ...

which makes them a lot more useable in a corporate env.

Reply to
goarilla

avast home free, avira (not sure of the most recent version -- it's been a while), nod32 is also pretty lightweight but on some independant testing it scores very low.

Reply to
goarilla

Since someone has started a thread on AVG, I would like to ask:

Has anybody experienced any conflict between AVG Free Antivirus and the Windows XP firewall? I have AVG Free 8.5 and every time my computer starts up and AVG is loaded I get a warning "balloon" that my firewall is turned off. The balloon then disappears and when I check my security settings the firewall *is* turned on and everything seems OK.

Is this a problem that is confined to AVG 8.5 or something to cause serious concern?

Reply to
Iceman

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.