Astaro or Checkpoint?

Hello everyone, I need a suggestion, I have to replace a Zywall 5 with a better product. My experience with Zyxel is not good, low performance and too many false positive with IDP filter. I have read some datasheet of Astaro (120/220) and Checkpoint (UTM-1 Edge Appliance) products, in your opinion which is better? These are the feature I want:

- Router/Firewall

- At least 4 port for LAN / DMZ (6 if possible)

- IDP/IDS functions (if possible also antivirus function)

- Web Content Filter function

- At least 5 VPN connection

regards exch

Reply to
Exch
Loading thread data ...

WatchGuard X550e devices with UTM are going to offer a better path.

If you really need 6 different DMZ Networks you will need a x1250E device, if you just need 6 DMZ IP addresses, well, they really are not a DMZ if they are in the same network as your LAN.

A WG firebox unit will provide LAN, WAN, DMZ network jacks, you assign rules based on paths between those networks - they are real networks, meaning that the DMZ is its own network, not just an IP inside the LAN.

Reply to
Leythos

Take a look at Juniper Networks SRX 210. It has all the features you need and even more. Price is reasonable. In my opinion much better than Astaro or CP UTM-1 Edge.

-- Regards Vit

Reply to
vit

We use the Astaro products here (ok bigger site so we have the 625), We dont have any complaints. Have a look at the forums on

formatting link
feel free to email me if you have any questions regarding astaro :)

Phil

Reply to
Phil

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.