Advice on access control and firewall products

Dear All,

I am looking for a firewall / access control solution to protect a part of our network, which in essence works like a hotel. We currently use watchguard products elsewhere on our network, and although these do 90% of what we want they do not seem quite right for what we want. I have also looked at Smoothwall, and the ISA server. I am at a bit of loss, as I can not find what I want, but have seen similar products working in hotels and internet cafes etc.

This is roughly the requirement I need.

A user connects a computer to the network, and an initial (or final) IP number is assigned using DHCP. At this point, they can use the local network, but will have no access to the internet (on any ports)

If they then open a web browser they are directed to a log on / registration page. Once that has been completed and the user authorised they then have access to the internet.

I don't mind if that webpage window has to stay open to maintain access.

The firewall should be configurable to allow IP and user based access polices.

Importantly, I am looking for an easy user experience.

Does any one of a product / set of products that would do this.

Many thanks for any pointers!

Richard

Reply to
richard.gascoigne
Loading thread data ...

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.