Active Directory with Win2003 VPN server

I am creating a small network for some remote development needs. I had created two servers when I started this project WITHOUT AD installed. They are both Windows 2003 boxes. I had the Remote Access role enabeled and was able to VPN into the network fine and access the enterprise Visual Studio.NET server fine. In fact everything worked just fine. The small network is now growing and the remote user base is about to grow more then I thought it would in the beginning therefore I have added a domain controller. Once I added AD and DNS the VPN access will not work. I have gone through all of the directions that I have found but I still get the same error message when I try to connect: Remote Server didnt respond!! When I attmept to connnect it goes to the IP immediately and then attempts authenitcation but will hang on "verifying username and password" and then finally errors out with before-mentioned error.

Any suggestions would be much appreciated.....

G-RAM

Reply to
G-ram
Loading thread data ...

Two issues come to mind. First, have you checked your logs for error messages?

Second, since you are experienceing growth on the network, is it possible that you have exhausted the IP address pool ?

Reply to
Beoweolf

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.