Access List.

Hi,

Are the Access List on my 2701 router its same as PIX 501(6.3 ver)??

Mucho appreciated.

Reply to
kennylee88
Loading thread data ...

In article , wrote: : Are the Access List on my 2701 router its same as PIX 501(6.3 ver)??

Cisco doesn't have a 27xx model line. If you are referring to a 2701 model from a different manufacturer, we need to know which manufacturer.

Cisco used to offer 1601 and 2501 routers (but not 2601 or 3601.) Cisco still offers a 1701 ADSL router; those aren't all that common. There is also the relatively new Cisco 2801 router.

Access lists on the Cisco 1601, 2501, and 2801 router are NOT the same as access lists on the PIX 501 -- but they are fairly similar.

Access lists on the PIX use netmask style masks. Access lists on Cisco's routers use "wildcard masks", which are 2's complement of the netmask style.

access-list 110 permit ip 10.20.30.0 255.255.255.0 any access-list 120 permit ip 10.20.30.0 0.0.0.255 any

110 is PIX style, 120 is IOS style.

Access lists on the PIX can be named or numbered, and there is no special significance to the name or number (a number is just an unusual name.)

Standard and extended ccess lists on Cisco's IOS are numbered, and the number has significance. Standard access lists under IOS do not look similar to PIX's access-lists. Extended access lists under IOS have a fair bit in common with PIX access lists. Cisco also offers named access lists that use a different syntax.

access-lists on PIX can use object-groups. I don't know if object-groups have made it into any IOS version yet.

access-lists on IOS can reference various TCP flags. access-lists on PIX through 6.x cannot reference any TCP flags.

Logging options are different between the two.

There are probably other differences as well.

Reply to
Walter Roberson

Man, sorry guys, waaaaaaaay tooo much drink. Sorry its Cisco rotuer 2621

Reply to
kennylee88

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.