3rd Party VPN Clients connecting to Cisco PIX firewall

Hello, I am attempting to find out what 3rd party Client VPN software will successfully connect to a Cisco PIX 515 firewall. I have tried without success Nortel Contivity, and I am just about to download Netscreen Remote VPN.

Please let me know what software you have had success with.

Thanks G

Reply to
g
Loading thread data ...

why would you think a competitors VPN client can connect to another competitors VPN server?

try using something standard like PPTP, L2TP, or plain old IPsec.

Reply to
uNiXpSyChO

You may wish to investigate:

Compatible Cisco Partner Solution Catalog

formatting link
Hope this helps.

Brad Reese Cisco Tools

formatting link

Reply to
www.BradReese.Com

comp.dcom.sys.cisco is usually a better place to ask questions about Cisco firewalls.

As best I recall, you can use:

freeswan for IPSec

The VPN client on some versions of Microsoft XP supports IPSec; if I am awake enough to remember correctly, the client can be downloaded from Microsoft for Windows 2000 and for the versions of XP that do not have that version of the client included.

The Microsoft VPN client for the NT family can be used to connect via PPTP to a PIX running 5.x, 6.x, or 7.2 software (but not 7.0 or 7.1).

If I recall correctly, the Microsoft VPN client for the NT family (or at least Windows 2000 and later) can be used to connect via L2TP to a PIX running 5.x, 6.x, 7.1, or 7.2 (but not 7.0 I seem to recall)

If the PIX 515 is running 7.x software, you can use WebVPN in either client (java) or clientless (SSL) mode.

Reply to
Walter Roberson

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.