3Com Firewall Problem

Hello,

The firewall in my 3Com 3CRWDR100A-72 router/ADSL modem is causing a strange problem:

When logging into my ISP site (Tiscali) I am unable to sign in, I get the usual, "Unable to display the page, check your settings etc." When this occurs I am unable even to go back and access the Tiscali home page, although all other non-Tiscali web sites are accessible. Waiting 20 minutes allows me to access the Tiscali home page, but I am still unable to sign in.

I assume that there is something in the Tiscali sign-in procedure that looks "suspicious" to the firewall. Disabling the firewall in the router allows me to access and sign in without any problem.

I cannot see any means of re-configuring or changing any firewall parameters in the router.

Is this something I have to live with, or can anybody suggest a workaround? I would rather have a single firewall in the router, than use a software solution in each PC.

FYI there are 2 PC's connect via cable to the router and 1 laptop and a PDA connect via wireless.

Many thanks for taking the time to read this request.

Chris

Reply to
Chris
Loading thread data ...

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.