Latest threads in Networking Firewallsshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

PIX 501 issue
I have a PIX-501 just installed. Inside are two servers and an Intranet for employees. The people on the inside can no longer reach the servers using their DNS-named IP addresses. This would mean that...

Firewall possibly dropping POST form data
I run a website that has forms (non-SSL) that cannot be properly submitted by a few of my customers. The problem can be easily reproduced using a small test form, and occurs only when the size of the...

OutPost configuration
Hallo, at Win XP platform I have Apache and mySQL only for testing sql and PHP. How to set OutPost, to local work for localhost? -> Only localhost for Apahe, without outside addres? I don't know how...

SYSTEM application safe?
I am using Kaspersky Anti-Hacker version 1.8.180.0 Windows XP Pro US One of the active network application is "SYSTEM". Process ID 4 UDP 445 TCP 445 TCP 1030 Manufacturer (no information)? The only...

Firewall for my home network
When money was a problem here I set up a linux router using the linux router project and coyote linux. Easily configured, no linux to learn if you don't want to. It ran on a 486-25 with 12 megs ram,...

WatchGuard X55E-W
You can read the differences, do you need them?

Comodo ?
If you mean "Personal Firewalls" with "software firewalls", then for me you're right. I don't need them at all - there are much better concepts. Sygate is a security desaster itself. Wrong example, I...

Sonicwall SSL VPN and Windows Vista Support
I just got off the phone with Sonicwall Tech support. I called them to find out how we can resolve the error you get when you try to connect to our SSL VPN via Windows Vista. The support person (who...

OpenBSD newbie
Hey ng. I've used Debian for a couple of years and would like to begin with pf and therefore of course OpenBSD. I would like to know if any of you guys have any experience with books or guides to pf...

Firewall rules abou sftp
I am running a sftp server. I need to configure firewall rules for my linux sftp box. For this server, do I need to open the port (22) or port(115) or both for me to run this sftp server? Thanks,...

DMZ dns best practice
Hello, I'm looking for advice on best practice. What is the ideal solution security solution Current setup: Internal DNS/DC servers currently forwarding all requests to an ISA DNS server within DMZ...

Cannot open Netscreen 5gt port for OWA
Hi I have a netscreen 5GT, and am trying to set it up for Outlook Web Access (OWA Exchange 2k3). I have set up a custom Policy, but when trying to telnet from the internet, no connection is made to...

Sonicwall TZ 170 - Test LED blinks every 2 sec
We have a sonicwall in one of our offices that had a power outage. Now the sonicwall Test LED blinks steadily. Is there something wrong with it?

compatibility between X1250e and Equinux VPN Tracker
I am considering a Firebox X1250e to purchase in the next month. However, I have several Mac users who would need to connect through this appliance via VPN. I checked the equinux site for...

sonicwall soho2 help
I spend a lot of money on sonicwall soho2 and now this piece of crap is not working for me. here is what's happening in details. I got the firewall and I decided to test it out. So I plugged in all...