Latest threads in Networking Firewallsshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

VPN Cross Access
in our company we have an asa 5000 appliance. an external network is connection through an pix 501 to the asa (via esy vpn) from an other network an workstation is connection via the cisco vpn client...

D-Link 604 port-forwarding router opinions?
I am currently running Windows XP SP2 (fully patched) and use a Bitdefender, Spywareblaster, and Ad-Aware for antivirus/antispyware. My single XP box at home is connected to my broadband internet...

kerio 2.1.5 (last freeware version), strange behaviour, related to port logger and svchost.exe
i'm trying kerio out, it seems to have a bad port logger. not picking up smtp or pop. I wonder if sygate would've seen it. (ethereal sees it) Why should kerio miss that out? How is it deciding what to...

Destination side of connection sees firewall IP instead of NAT IP
I sure hope someone can help with this. The problem is that some mail servers see my firewall's IP address as the address of the incoming SMTP connection when my mail server tries to send mail to...

Native ipsec in 2.6 kernel and openS/WAN
I wanted to know which one is better and more optimized between Native ipsec in 2.6 kernel (linux) and openS/WAN Also which one contains more features? I have seen most of userspace utilities of...

Firewall Blocking ActiveX
Folks, I have a bunch of alarm reports from my NetScreen firewall that have me perplexed. They look like: ActiveX control blocked! From OUTSIDEIP:80 to MYIP:2264 ActiveX control blocked! From...

kerio blocks setup.exe
Hi, when I try to install some programs from cd or from hd, kerio doesn't let the setup executable file open. I guess it's kerio's fault because shutting it down everything works fine. I must close...

Kindly help me with this PIX6 problem
Why can't I ping the host 209.178.196.211? Please see the config below. The IP belongs to a Windows 2000 mail server. Because it is blocked by PIX, our company cannot send or receive email. I called...

How to save and load from file into PIX?
Is it possible to use a file to save/load into PIX? Thanks

Urgent---can't ping a host inside PIX firewall please help
I can't ping the host 209.178.196.211. Please see the config. Because of this the mail coming through SMTP is hosed. I'd appreciate your help. : Saved : PIX Version 6.1(1) nameif ethernet0 outside...

AIX IPSec question
We are proposing using AIX IPSec tunnels to test secure communications. Does anyone have any experience with the creation and use of IPSec tunnels in AIX? This project may end up scaling to approx 170...

How do I find the firewall on my computer, to disable it and install HP printer?
I'm setting up an HP All-In-One Photosmart 3210 printer on a network in a small office. Three PCs are able to see and use the printer just fine. The fourth PC is not able to install it, because the...

Checkpoint VPN client does not use ESP but some UDP port for enrypted data
Hi, today we tried to solve a problem with a Checkpoint VPN client behind a Cisco ADSL router with access list on the WAN interface. I had to open ALL UDP ports, because the VPN client sends encrypted...

CheckPoint SmartDefense
Does anyone use SmartDefense for CheckPoint? What exactly does it offer, and would you say it is worth it? We are replacing our Nokia box and upgrading CheckPoint etc., so are giving the addition of...

VPN pass-through with NetScreen 5 (ScreenOS 5.0.x)
i am looking for a way to pass some VPN traffic (PPTP) through a NetScreen 5 configured in NAT/Router mode to an external VPN server. I craeted a trust to untrust security policy containing the...