Latest threads in Networking Firewallsshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

Hello my Friends of the Newsgroup
regardless, the application listening on said port must be willing to reply according to the ICMP protocol, which is highly unlikely. just try it on ports 80 or 443 :)

re comodo firewall and windows update
Just tried this firewall for a while, seemed ok, setup was better than all the other free firewalls. Patch tuesday arrived and after downloading all security updates from windows updates everything...

Re: Linksys BEFSX41 Crash / D-Link DI-604(E)
My D0Link DI-604(E) NAT touter works flawlessly. I got it for $0 after rebates. I've had it for 2 years and never had a single intrusion get passed it. ;-)

Checkpoint Ignroing New DMZ Nodes
I am managing a Checkpoint (on Nokia box) install which I did not initially configure. It has 2 web servers in a DMZ (using 3 IP addresses). These are private addresses, translated by the CP box...

Using a proxy server to restrict acces?
I wondering about the best way to restrict access to only certain sites when these sites utilize Akamai disk caches. Keeping track of those IPs seems futile. Would a proxy server help me out here?...

Firewall settings to allow HTTPS connection to perl script?
Hi I have a problem with a shopping cart not working with a payment service provider. The shopping cart is hosted on a 3rd party webserver, the payment service provider on a different HTTPS server....

my antivirus tells me about something like "attack blocked"
Im using Avast. I get this "attack blocked" message 2-3 times a day only. I also often get viruses from just reading newsposting in Outlook Express. Is this common ? The message is displayed for a...

How does hiding the 802.11 SSID offer any security at all?
Tried to respond privately to 'barb' but alas, email address rejects email. Go figure.

Firewall prob
Hi, when I shutdown Zonealarm Pro v6.1.744.001 my XP Pro SP2 Security Center shows that the firewall is off. If I try to enable windows firewall or click onto the windows firewall icon i get a...

Re: Jetico firewall
I totally agree. We really should try to use real email addresses (with correct syntax) whenever possible when using open forums like Usenet in which we expect or don't expect possible responses.

Ntl netguard
I am looking for some feedback on Ntl netguard plus which is a firewall antivirus etc its free with some Ntl packages but is it any good ? I have Norton Internet security 6 at the moment would it be...

Shutdown Windows' Servers (Volker Birk)
I use a NAT router between my home XP Pro box and the Internet. If I read the page at: and my router is in fact masquerading my network and sensibly filtering, I don't need "Shutdown Windows' servers"...

Problem Ipcop Firewall
The problem is with Ipcop 1.4.10 I have tried to qualify the proxy on port 800 (not in transparent modality) and setting up the browser and it works perfectly subsequently I have installed the...

Advice needed
Thank you both for s working now and the gateways assigning different ips as it first time i tried it (both machines on) ,i had the above errors.Switching the laptop off then connecting the lead and...

Is my ISP filtering not only with MAC addresses????
Hi, First of I would like to apologize if Im posting in hte wrong group but I simply dont know where else I should post my problem. I am having a strange problem with my ISP. I have a home wireless...