Latest threads in Networking Firewallsshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

iptables, broadcast from own IP in log file?
Hi *.*, I want to drop all packets that originated from my own IP address but entered on eth0: iptables -A INPUT -i eth0 -s 10.0.0.20/32 -j LOG --log-prefix "WEIRDO:" iptables -A INPUT -i eth0 -s...

Sygate personal firewall Pro
Does anyone know of a way to export the settings to use as a backup in Sygate personal firewall pro?

IP Chains/Tables help
I have a Cyberguard SG300 Router which is running IPChains/tables which Im not familar with. I need to add and/or remove a default route but I have no idea how. I know how to view all the used...

Vlan setup help
I am setting up a VLAN and what to make sure that I understand it correctly. Here is the equipment I have and my idea. 1 - PIX515E firewall 4 - Procurve 4000m switch Would it be bettter to start the...

USB connection for firewall machine
I've got a couple of oldish computers, a 256 MB iMac LCD and a Toshiba laptop with 768 MB RAM but no hard disc. Both have only one ethernet connector but several USB (and firewire) connectors. I use a...

ZA Blocked intrusion quesstion.
How do you cypher who the blocked intrusions are? All I see are numerical codes. TIA

best software firewall?
Sound like half a dozen of one ,and six of the other to me. me

anyone familiar with Billion 7402 router / firewall
Hi, Does anyone have expreience with above product? I would really like to understand how to configure it to allow Remote Desktop access, amongst other things - I'm really struggling here. Their help...

Audio/Video Streaming
How to block Audio/Video Streaming? Could you help me please? Hi, I'm working as IT in corporate environment. I usually need to block/filtering web sites and internet things. Now i have a problem to...

PIX 520: Failover and Not Enough Ips (Newbie)
BACKGROUND: I am attempting to setup failover for a couple of pix 520s (similar to the 515) within a start-up business/mission critical network. Due to certain budgetary limitations we do not...

PIX525: Need Failover help
Hi everyone, My PIX525 (running PIX 7.1(2)) currently has the failover serial cable connected as well as a cross-over cable connected to a 10/100 port (LAN failover is not currently enabled though)....

FTP and corporate firewalls
I can't connect to my new Web site. I'm using a corporate laptop at home, which goes through my DSL to the corporate server. When I try to publish through NVU and Bulletproof, I get an error message...

Need Opinion on the Following Suspicious Activity
I noticed that even when I have nothing open in Windows XP Pro SP2, there is activity galore...see below. I am not too sure how to address this. Spyware software didn't catch anything out of the...

Why does my AntiVir??
Why does my AntiVir from Avira (Personal edition classic) seem to be sending a TON of stuff outbound? See this because my Kerio firewall shows it in the list of connections. Asking the Q because Kerio...

free firewall
looking for a great FREE Firewall = not zoneAlarm thanks