Latest threads in Networking Firewallsshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

NS5200 & NS5-50 Question(s)
I'm working on a project that involves the NS5200. I'm trying to support the NS5200 (already support the NS5-50) but need some questions answered, any help would be greatful. First off for Gil,...

Airlink101 AR504 Router
Anyone have this router? What are its SPI functions like? Thank you.

PIX Configuration Help !
Post your question here: Regards Colin. Technologies - Support Documentation http://www.tek-tips.com/threadminder.cfm?pid=35 This configuration demonstrates how to connect a VPN Client to a PIX...

Checkpoint NGX CCSA/CCSE
Is these exams difficult? How it compare with CCNA and Cisco PIX exam? Also, do anyone know which book for these exams? I already have Syngress NGX book.

Firewall "Standard"
The company I work for has just been pinged by the SOX auditors for not having a "standard config" to our firewall. They didn't accept our policy but couldn't relate why our ploicy failed their...

Spoof Protection With Firewall-1
I need help understanding a problem with Spoof Detection on Firewall-1 4.0 that appears to be rendering it worthless. On an internal network we have a Firewall-1 4.0 box that has 12 dmz interfaces...

Port 113?
Your last question answers your main question. Stealth means that somebody attempting to make contact will not see anything. There is nothing at this address. Closed means that somebody attempting to...

Decision Between Zone Alarm or McAfee
Hi all, Need to check with you gurus out there. I was previously using the freeware version of Zone Alarm. Quite a good product. However, recently I purchased the McAfee Internet Security Suite 2006...

best free firewall
it needs to have an option to alow access to certain files on computer to specific IP, and block all others if possible, to be free for corporate usage.. thanks

Best small business firewall/router with vpn
Hello I know this gets ask alot but I wanted an updated response. Which router/firewall is the best/most popular for small business setups. My setup has ~ 12 users inside. Need option for...

Multiple NICs verses multipl VLANs...
The on going thread "Lets talk about firewalls" has brought up the fact that people believe there should be multiple NICs in a firewall. I'm not arguing with that fact. However I do question whether...

Webroot firewall product
Webroot firewall. Is this firewall any good? Also is this firewall subscription based, that is after a year it will cease to function?

Zone Alarm Stability
I heard that the version of zone alarm after version 6.1.744.001 was not too stable. Have they fixed the problem? Is the version that zone alarm wants me to upgrade to the unstable version or a...

Internet/Intranet Security Strong Authentication
Hi All, We have uploaded a new web site at Our Internet/Intranet Security Strong Authentication solution is available for download and is FREE including the ACT OTP Tokens (for 5 users) The solution...

IPTables only works for 70 seconds
Hi all. I have configured my firewall "nat" and "filter" tables the way I want them and saved them by using "service iptables save". The problem is, when I reboot the system (or whenever I start...