Latest threads in Networking Firewallsshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

Cisco 501 help needed
I cannot access the internet from my office Until recently there was no firewall in the office and I decided toy buy a cisco 501. I have ten XP computers with a local IP 192.168.x.x and second IPs the...

What is Net Neutrality?
"Congress is pushing a law that would abandon the Internet's First Amendment -- a principle called Network Neutrality that prevents companies like AT&T, Verizon and Comcast from deciding which Web...

Shutting down PIX good idea?
Hi Just a quick question....at work we always have our PIX 506e firewall on. I have a home lab that uses a PIX 506 and up until now I have generally switched it off at night when not needed to save on...

<< protocol=6 rule=-1 >>?
Hello, all. I am trying to decipher the following three lines from recent router logs of mine: Thu Aug 31 10:31:35 2006 Unallowed access from 210.13.41.1:7799 to 192.168.1.151:22 protocol=6 rule=-1...

Router logs
Let me start by saying I know nothing about firewalls and ports. However I have just started looking at the router logs on my wireless network. And I'm a little worried. For example I seem to be...

VLANs/VPN on PIX 506e
Good morning We currently have a Cisco PIX 506e connected to a couple of managed 3Com switches. We also have a PIX-PIX VPN to our HQ in Africa, and users can VPN to the network using the VPN client on...

Upgrading PIX 515 from 5.1 to 7.x
Hi I have the opportunity to pick up a PIX 515 (non-E) with IOS version 5.1 on it. I already have a PIX 520 running 6.3 but want access to the 7.x environment which my 520 will not do. I know there...

outpost blocking email client
Hi, On a machine WinXPpro, outpost firewall(internal OS firewall disabled) is sometimes blocking my email client thunderbird with reason "blocked by process memory control" identifing that...

Access Lists Vs Security Policy Tabs
In Firewall-1 Properties dialog, what is the difference between the tabs that are named Access Lists and Security Policy. Both contain nearly identical options. For example, both contain: Accept RIP...

Anyone Have Mail Alerts Working in Firewall-1 Windows Version?
Has anyone managed to make Mail Alerts work in Firewall-1 Windows Version? Firewall-1 has a bin directory with its own utilities, including one with a sendmail whose syntax is something like: sendmail...

List of Firewall-1 Vulnerabilities and Workarounds
What is the best site on the Internet that maintains a list of all known Firewall-1 vulnerabilities as well as workarounds for these?

ZoneAlarm not allowing trusted zone traffic
It may have changed its priorities, if internet lock is on, then no internet activity, no matter what zone. Probably not in this case.

Do I need a software firewall?
As long as you are not trying to provide PUBLIC ACCESS to your computer/network, a cheap NAT router is a good first line of defense. As long as you monitor the logs showing in/out bound traffic, you...

Fortinet
Hello, I was just wondering what experience members of this group have with Fortinet firewalls. I just had my the last of my Fortigates broke down. We had 3 F50's, 2 F500's and 2 F100's. None of them...

[Q] Numbers ?
On Mac OS X desktops, virtually everyone uses ipfw, since that's what comes installed by default and it's a good one. (Most people don't access ipfw directly though, and instead make use of the GUI in...