Latest threads in Networking Firewallsshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

FBI spying- See them at work!!!
FreeSpeech.com – “If liberty means anything at all, it means the right to tell people what they do not want to hear.” ― George Orwell

Trojan / logger?
I have a trojan or keylogger that no software can find. I've written eset, earthlink, lavasoft, spybot, etc. I've sent logs of processes I have running and can't find anything. No one has been able to...

Is this possible?
I am on a dedicated server @ my hosting company. It has a iptables firewall running on it. It has 1 ethernet interface that has 8 ip's on it. I need dedicated ips for the secure certs. This is...

Enable / disable internet access in selected classrooms
Hi, We have several classrooms networked (wired ethernet) which need continous access to the domain controller (which has DHCP and DNS) and in addition, internet access only when allowed by the...

How to move iconified Zone Alarm freeware from task bar to system tray
In WinXP, how do we move Zone Labs ZoneAlarm freeware to iconify into the system tray on the bottom right corner instead of into the task bar at the bottom of the screen? After reading this newsgroup,...

Difference between the older NetScreen-5XP an the current -5XT
Can anyone telle me the hw-differences between the older NetScreen-5XP and the current NetScreen-5XT? I only know that the NetScreen-5XP has only two Ethernet-interfaces whereas the NetScreen-5XT has...

Small Switch With One Promiscious Port Multiple Private Ports
Does anyone make a small switch (six to 16 ports) that has one or two promiscuous ports (for connection to a router or firewall), and the remaining ports all implemented as private ports that cannot...

Symantec Gateway security 460 vpn rollover problem
We have the dual wan gateway 460 by Symantec with a slight problem... One connection is our cable connect, the other is the verizon connection. We have the verizon connection (wan2) set as a "backup"...

New "worst nightmare" for network admins
There is a NEW "worst nightmrae" for network admins, and its name is Tor. It can defeat all filtering, monitoring, and traffic analisys becuase the data is encrypted and sent through random addresses...

Trouble with network using netgear router
I have a netgear wired router used to share the internet from a cable modem to 4 computers. Before this I used a regular hub a proxy server installed on one of the computers. The problem I am having...

Can I do this with a firewall? nat with Password!
Hi We have a URL and access to it is controlled by source IP address, as many of our users increasingly have dynamic IP address we are looking for a quick solution without changing the current system...

need participants for an international study
Hi all, I'm conducting an international study on individuals' attitudes towards how computers should be used at work and views on how responsible employers should be when it comes to protecting our...

No internet connection
Hi, I used Zonealarm as a firewall (with Windows XP), but as it uses many resources, I uninstalled it, downloaded Ashampoo 1.10 from their site and installed it. But I have no connection anymore to...

Routing for a Virtual Server in Checkpoint
With at least older versions of Checkpoint, you have to establish manual routes in the OS to move packets that require NAT to the correct interface. For a simple mapping of one external IP to one...

OT: Anyone testing Vista???
Has anyone downloaded the test version of Vista and is trying it out? If so, your thoughts thus far? http://download.windowsvista.com/preview/rc1/en/download.htm