Latest threads in Networking Firewallsshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

Logging TCP events
Hi there, I need to log TCP events (slow-start, fast retransmit, .........) in order to know when TCP enters and leaves each event. Is it possible to modify the in order to get these info? if not,...

Kerio Personal Firewall
Hi there. I have been using KPF since last year and recentrly after having installed a fresh sytem: XP Pro SP2 I have also install KPF 2.2.x (I don't remember :/). I found one problem with KPF which...

NIS 2004 Support
Heya folx... Tried to find info on NIS 2004 on the Symantec website and couldn't...maybe the masses here can help.. Is Symantec still supporting NIS 2004? what about updates??? Thanks in advance for...

Kerio and Emule?
Hello, I am using Kerio Firewall 4.2.2. I also use Emule. When ever Emule is on, I get all the emails asking weather I want to accept or deny connections. I have to click it many many times - hitting...

Info configurazione Outpost, problema. help!
Ciao, ho installato Outpost 4 ma vedo che rispetto alla versione precedente mi blocca un sacco di cose. Ad esempio la connessione ad Alice mi funziona solo se la metto in "trusted applications". In...

Which Firewall appliance?
First of all sorry for my english. (I am italian) I am a consultant for network system specially for Microsoft solution. Often I have to choose a firewall for my customer, but actually i did'nt find a...

Noob questions
Hello all, I am using a 3Com DSL router+ firewall. Do I need anything else on my machines behind this fire wall other than antivrus protection? Also My laptop travels with me and use lots of public...

portknocking question
Hi there, I have really specific needs and wondering if somebody has written a port knocker out there already that fits the criteria of what I am looking for. Portknocker capabilities: 1) User needs...

Possible Eudora Exploit?
About 2-3 times a month I get an email from some outfit called I have no idea how I got targeted, because the message comes to my primary ISP address which I NEVER provide online. The subject line...

security question
If i am using 4 LAn computers with ADSL connection and all 4 of them connects to internet trough router(router you recommend it :) How can i best protect one LAn computer which is very important for...

newbie - recommended tutorial on setting up simple openBSD firewall
On Fri, 6 Oct 2006, in the Usenet newsgroup in article , Paul wrote nothing: 1. "What is Usenet?" "The Usenet Newbie Project" How To Ask Questions The Smart Way?" "Advanced Usenet Usage" "Tips on...

Netscreen - Dual-Untrust configuration - need to route email traffic out specific interface
I'm running into an issue here that I am not sure how to fix. After 3 hours of going through the Netscreen ScreenOS manual, I haven't found an answer. Here is the configuration: Netscreen 5gt with...

NAT problems with PIX 501
Hi I've been setting up a pix at home, and it works pretty good. The only problem, is that NAT only works from one inside ip. When trying from other ip's i get the following in syslog: Oct 05 09:53:50...

do i need software firewall?
I have installed a Netgear WGR614 router that has NAT and SPI enabled. It controls my wired desktop and wireless laptop computers. I am trying to learn a bit about hardware firewalls now and have read...

Sonicwall TZ 170 Wireless - Opinions
Looking for opinions, good or bad about the Sonicwall TZ 170 wireless router/firewall. Have a small-business client with 8 workstations and a couple of wireless laptops where this certainly "looks"...