Latest threads in Networking Firewallsshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

Firebox III/700 Blocking PDFs!
Hey All, I have a WG Firebox III/700 that is blocking PDF attachments from a specific domain. I even went so far as to allow "*/*" attachments and is still going on. Any clues where to go from here?...

Yoggie Gatekeeper
While Googling for a portable software firewall that could be run from a USB drive, I came upon something rather different. A self-contained multi-layer portable security appliance designed for laptop...

Reviving a Firebox III 700
I am trying to reactivate a Firebox III 700 which we bought some time ago and have never been able to use. We have recently found a copy of the original software it came with, a crossover LAN cable...

Zone Alarm Pro on server denying client access to 'Net from client laptop
If I shut down ZA on the desktop/server, all ICS works perfect! How can I get it to work from my laptop/client without turning off ZA Pro on the desktop/server? No firewalls are installed on the...

Help with a tough question. RE: Firewall rule inspection overhead.
I have no idea how to approach this question. Can anybody help? I'm lost. Thx! A firewall has S accept rules and receives R (packet/sec) traffic rate. What is the total matching overhead in seconds if...

Changing iptables on the fly
Hi, I wonder what the right solution is for following setup: I have created a small program to run on a Windows PC. This program sends a unique token via apache () were 12345 also contains the IP...

Firewalls and Cryptography
As we know, firewall is designed to keep unauthorized outsiders from tampering with a computer system or network. We don't talk about computer security without mentioning cryptography. In that...

Checkpoint Safe@office VPN transparent ?
Hello to all, We have a safe@office 110 on our site to implement FW for the LAN We have to implement a nortel VPN gateway for a specific application on the same LAN I do not find on the checkpoint box...

TCP connection resets on PIX 501
Hi, I have to start by saying sorry for asking for help as I am not a Cisco guy and have no Cisco knowledge A work for a company that is using A VoIP application across two sites connected via Cisco...

Firewall Critique - IPTables For Router
The following is a firewall written via BASH and IPTABLES. There is a DHCP assigned WAN interface, and a single physical connection for the internal network with two IPs bound to is, one for the real...

HIPS
What are the general consensus on HIPS? How important is it to have Desktop IPS application in addition to a traditional AntiVirus? In a large corp environment, with hundreds of apps, is it too...

IPSEC tunnel between CP and ISA dont work
Hi, a IPSEC tunnel between a Checkpoint R60 (NAT mode) and a MS ISA 2003 did not work. Where I can get some help, readme's and trouble shooting infos too? What things must to comply? Has anyone did...

Leythos - If You Happen To Know Offhand
What would you consider to be the best firewall appliance for the home user in the $400 or less range?

Comodo Firewall
Anyone have any experience with this one? It looks OK even if it takes up even more memory than ZA, and it gives some more nice info (traffic monitor etc) But one thing I noticed is that is stores all...

Affordable Firewall 4 Colo Server
Hi I have a server in colo that I use for backups and very occasionally serving up a test site for a client. It is public facing to a switch with 100mbps bandwidth (burstable). I need to install a...