Latest threads in Networking Firewallsshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

A question about Checkpoint firewall and Telnet over VPN
Hello I have been trying different options to resolve an issue with a remote site VPN tunnel. I have the tunnel up and working. I have tried using IPSEC with low,medium and strict security profile....

Symantec Gateway Security vs Router
Currently, I have a router that have extremely tough security settings. I'm wandering if is worth it to switch to a Symantec Gateway Security 1620. Ignore everything else except the Firewall...

Kerio 2.1.5 Error
I've been having problems over the past months with random error messages at Win XP SP2 start that note such: Error PERSFW.EXE PfVarLibInit: var_server_start error: 1 (10022: socket() failed for udp...

Sample iptables rules list, inviting your suggestions / criticisms (thanks) :-)
Redirected here from the "Post iptables rules in newsgroups" and "What iptables rules to allow name service" threads... Thanks to all of your help, I think I have what looks to me like a reasonable...

stateful filtering
using which packet filtering technique on windows operating system is stateful filtering possible ? I mean whether using layered service provider, tdi or ndis api ?

Problem with one PC on network.
I am hoping someone out there can point me in the right direction. My wife's PC (XP Home) connects wirelessly to the Router (Linksys WRT54GX4 with latest firmware) using the Linksys PCI card and...

Post iptables rules in newsgroup, bad idea?
I was told in that it's generally a bad idea to post one's iptables rules list on Usenet, that it's a security risk. I'm not doing anything fancy, just trying to lock down all access except HTTP, SSH,...

What iptables rules to allow name service?
Beginner's question on iptables firewalls... Can you all help me set up a proper set of iptables rules to allow name service to run on my server? I have: -A INPUT -p udp --sport 53 -j ACCEPT -A INPUT...

Getting Checkpoint Experience
Hi I am wanting to get some hands on experience with Checkpoint. In the past I have always purchased equipment (Juniper, Cisco etc) to get this experience. Can someone tell me what kind of hardware I...

Securing mobile broadband
I am starting to see mobile broadband cards proliferate. My concern is that users are plugging into the private network and also enabling the mobile broadband cards. This opens the possibility for...

Recommendations needed
Hi All I hope this is the appropriate group for my question - if not, I apologise in advance. I am seeking some recommendations for a new firewall. We have five servers based in a data centre, used to...

Cisco 501 Pix - Cable Modem - Wireless Router.....
Hi Everyone, I would appreciate some basic (very basic) suggestions as to how I might WIRE my network. I am VERY new at this so please be patient with me. Here are the components: A Cable Modem. A...

Layer 3 behind ZYXEL VPN
Hi, I got problem to integrate ZYXEL VPN (Zywall 70) to our network that using Layer 3 switch (cisco 3560). Seems the Zywall only able to do tunning between LAN to LAN but unable do LAN to LAN to...

Sygate or a newer....Comodo or something like it?
I still have a copy of Sygate and can install it in my new computer. Is there a free firewall that would be better without heavy resource use? I looked at Comodo but I'm not sure. TIA Louise

Encryption and authentication
Bonsoir, Is anyone could please explain the relationship between authentication and encryption. Traffic can be authenticated without being encrypted. Is it possible to have encryption without...