Latest threads in Networking Firewallsshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

paper on syslog checking?
I came across a reference awhile back on a paper discussing log checking. It discussed the right way to exclude syslog msgs along the lines of exclude everything that is known so that you will be left...

I have a problem with my fire wall
hi, I'am using firebox for my problem is that i want to connect to a system in domain in side a firewall from outside using a VPN I'm able to connect(what I mean is that I did not get any connection...

3rd Party VPN Clients connecting to Cisco PIX firewall
Hello, I am attempting to find out what 3rd party Client VPN software will successfully connect to a Cisco PIX 515 firewall. I have tried without success Nortel Contivity, and I am just about to...

Nokia / Checkpoint ip330 from ebay
Hello everyone, I am studying for the Checkpoint NG exam, I know about braindumps/testking/pdfs but i would want some practical knowledge. I plan on buying a Nokia ip330 or other checkpoint firewall...

ADSL problems with SecuRemote/SecureClient NGX R60 (Build191)
Hi all, I need urgent help with this issue please. I have two Clients that can successfully connect to the gateway and access resources on the net. the problem arises when at certain location's that...

A L2 Switch between a Active and passive Firewall
What is the purpose of using a Layer 2 Switch between an Active and Passive we really require this? Firewalls used can be of any make Juniper or PIX or Checkpoint.

Sonicwall not forwading SMTP correctly..
Hello, I am using a sonicwall 3060 and have recently installed an anti-spam product from CA on a windows 2000 server. On my sonicwall, I was forwarding all SMTP traffic to the mail server and...

The Rockin' Chuckie Show
X-No-Archive: Yes We just added a new show to our online radio station that has SURGED in popularity. The Rockin' Chuckie Show is perhaps the biggest hit we have added to our programming lineup. And...

VPN Firewall through ADSL
***********URGENT*****************URGENT****************URGENT****************** Hi, We want to creat VPN tunnel to our remote office through a ADSL Broadband connection. I am facing problem for that....

Need advice
Hello I need a recomendation. I have a medical practice that has 4 remote offices all with broadband connections. I currently have Linksys routers/gateways in all offices. I want a slightly better...

Tiny Personal Firewall Replacement?
Hi there, I am looking for an freeware replacement of Tiny Personal Firewall. I want to restrict which program should get access to the net and set up some rules. Ahh yes I know there is a windows...

iptables help
I want to redirect all outgoing HTTP traffic to a Squid proxy. I tried: $IPTABLES -t nat -A PREROUTING -s 192.168.2.192 -p tcp --dport 80 -j DNAT --to 192.168.2.231:3128 to test my intended rule:...

Inactivity timeout for SonicWALL Pro 3060
Hi There, I am running SonicWALL Enhanced version 3.0.0.10-41e on a SonicWALL Pro 3060. We are using Global VPN Client version 310_556. Under the Firewall rule settings for the VPN connection, the TCP...

Juniper Netscreen: Port forwarding for several IP addresses
Hi there, I want to configure a Netscreen 5GT for a /28 IP subnet. The netscreen should accept all IP adresse of the subnet and should forward different ports to internal IP adresses. Here is my idea:...

firewall configuration!
hi guys is this possible for firewall configuration .. my requirement is like following way.. 1) i want to particular ip on particular subnet mask 2) also want to block particular port on that...