Latest threads in Networking Firewallsshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

Any good cheap dual WAN router?
Guys, I am looking for a dual WAN router at reasonable price. More WAN ports would be nice. From Google I managed to find a few interesting products. In particular, the Peplink device looks nice. is a...

Free firewall for Win XP 64
Any advice will be most appreciated. The PC is a test machine and I am really reluctant to spend my limited funds for a program that may not work. TIA!!

Looking For Decent Free Firewall
I am using the free Avast anti-virus program and Ad-Aware for my personal computer. I use a dial-up ISP. Would installing a firewall be a good idea for me? I do go on the Internet regularly. If so, is...

Multiple Public Ip address on one physical interface
I have a Adtran router that has one ethernet interface and one wan interface. I have the inside interface programmed with a public ip. I have a pix 506 connected to it. I need to have a device on the...

web filter appliance recommendation
I need a a web filter appliance to limit browsing on our network. Our Netgear VPN router filters up to 20 URLs, but I want the ability to filter a much larger list (e.g. several hundred URLs). Any...

Netscreen Remote not working behind DLINK DI 524 router
Hello, I am facing a problem that Netscreen Remote not working behind DLINK DI 524 router. Here is my setup. ISP -- Cable Modem -- DLink 524 Router -- Laptop I have a static IP from my ISP that I have...

IPS and spyware
How effective is depende in IPS to detec spyware? is it a better solution to combine ISP and another solution specific for spyware? what is the best practice?

NetscreenOS + 5XP
Hi all I have a netscreen 5XP I have brought running Software Version 3.0.0r2.0 and I am after upgrading it to the lastest version. I know that netscreen no longer exist but can I get hold of the...

Configuring DMZ
Hi, We have Sonicwall PRO3060 with enhanced version. I want to configure DMZ on this firewall to enable access to webservers. Can anyone help me with setup steps on how to do it? Thanks, Manoj.

linux firewall with 2 wireless nics
hi, I just received an old p2 laptop that I would like to use it as a linux firewall. The problem with it is that the ethernet port is broken. I do have 2 wireless nics (1pcmia and 1usb) and was...

Whats this about?
I get hundreds of port scans from places like china bulgaria, checkzlovakia, korea, with a few from us austrailia and finland every day. I've only detected intusion attempts from tiscali in italy with...

Symantec/Norton Firewall and Remote Administration
Greetings! I need to find a way to disable norton firewall or at least add some exceptions. I have been doing remote administration using a combination of PSTools and Group Policies. I recently...

Nat and firewall
Hi I had quite an interesting discussion with a colleague today. He insists that if you use NAT, nat itself must be considered a firewall. This is a statement that I myself have big problems...

Firewall problems
Hi I've got this firewall configuration on a suse 10.1 distribution: iptables -P INPUT ACCEPT iptables -P OUTPUT ACCEPT iptables -P FORWARD ACCEPT iptables -t nat -A POSTROUTING -o dsl1 -j MASQUERADE...

sonicwall pro 3060 enhanced OS
anyone have this password to enable enhanced OS? Posted Via Premium Usenet Newsgroup Services ---------------------------------------------------------- ** SPEED ** RETENTION ** COMPLETION **...