Latest threads in Networking Firewallsshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

VPN and Norton Internet Security
Hi, I need some help with a vpn config I have an office that I support and the boss is wanting remote access to his network I have a Linksys WAG54G router and Use norton internet security I have the...

Firewall XP unabled
All, my firewall XP protection has been attaked by a trojan horse. I cannot restore and enable my Firewall XP again. If i try to restore my Firewall XP it says unable to retore due to an unknonw...

removing Kerio 2.1.5?
I'm afraid my Kerio may be corrupted and I want to reinstall. Anyone know the proper way of removing the program when the Add/Remove applet in Control Panel doesn't work? Do I just delete the Kerio...

firewall problem with ftp
"Dr. Bob" wrote in news:sUjah.364588 $ Most FTP clients have a setting to enable passive mode. This may work for you.

Re: New 8K Feed
I dont think I am on very many blacklists. I have just checked the URL checkers on all the major vendors of filtering software, and neither my domain, nor any of the IP addresses associated with it...

Watchguard Firebox/ Cisco 2600 router set up
Hi A couple of our branch offices are set up using Netgear ADSL routers connected to a Watchguard Firebox and then a (dumb) switch. The Network Engineers are looking into implementing leased lines for...

looking for a linux based firewall
dear firewall gurus, for my testlab i'm looking for a (linux) firewall to create a dmz. i have a few unused intel-boxes. maybe i can use them to build a dedicated firewall-appliance. any suggestions....

An internal subnet address as a gateway?
I recently managed to get my FBIII/700 and Watchguard v7.0.B1.366 up and running on my 192.168.x.x LAN, but I still have a configuration error/problem I think and no external access. My satellite ISP,...

IDS placement
Hello, I have just wondering about the opinion of the security experts. Imagine that you have two netwoks which both you would like to protect using IDS hadrware tools. What would be the rules you use...

Security Architect - Job Description?
Hello, Can someone describe the Security Architect job description/responsibilities? In some instances, I am finding Security Architect jobs with configuring firewalls/ids etc. In other instances, I...

OpenVPN -- bridges -- Firewall -- Netzwerkproblem
Hallo, ich habe folgendes Problem, wirklich seltsam: OpenVPN Netzwerk mit Defaultroute über Openvpn (tap Interface im bridge modus). System: debian. OpenVPN server: eth0, tap0 --> zu br0 gebridged...

Radius Authentication through checkpoint
Hi, Would it be possible to set up IAS (Windows 2003) and Checkpoint so that the vpn users need to provide username/password as well as certificate to be able to authenticate? My vpn users can...

Management server / Management clients in Checkpoint firewall
I'm a bit confused here. I installed the management server on my firewall machine because I assumed that I would be able to easily use a management client such as the policy editor to log on to my...

looking for a software witch identify an intruder process
My firewall advise me of an intruder since a week. I've seen this: " IP origin: my IP (not static) IP destination: xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx (known) Origin Port UDP: 10222. Destination Port UDP 0. Not valid...

svchost.exe
Having Comodo in "high" mode to check what servers programs contact I notice "svchost.exe" that constantly tries to conect lots of servers of different IP's at port 80 and 443. Anyone know what this...