Verizon FiOS to house

How does Verizon FiOS transmit to the house - what is received at house, modem?

I have heard that Verizon sends the analog TV signals AND 1 digital TV signal (your selection) and 1 telephone (VoIP) and 1 high speed internet. How is that all decoded at the house?

What happens when converting FiOS to ethernet at the house?

Reply to
Rick Merrill
Loading thread data ...

If you are interested in FIOS TV, ask up front if they can deliver in your area. I wouldn't believe anything they say about the future. Also, they tear out all the copper infrastructrure. It's a one-way trip unless you pay to reinstall the copper, should you want to.

Others will describe the interfaces better than I can.

Reply to
Al Dykes

It is not available here (for at least 2 years) but I am interested in understanding the interfaces.

Reply to
Rick Merrill

The FIOS that a Verizon sales rep sold my predicesor at a small biz consisted of a box on the wall with 4 POTS RJ11 jacks and an RJ45 ethernet interface. I didn't look for a video interface.

Reply to
Al Dykes

The video was probably an rg59 (coax) plug carrying at least analog RF.

The 4 POTS may mean you cannot hook up to your house phone wiring because each POT may have an REN of 1 (not 3 or more of a real POTS).

Reply to
Rick Merrill

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.