Splicer Donation Sought (old and manual is fine)

Well, less than 6 months in operation and already the first break is upon us. I got in some mechanical splices that I can afford for now, but would like to get a permanent splicing solution (ie, fusion) on hand, as even renting one once or twice is going to burn my budget. Trolling far enough up the 'bay to buy one that might actually work is also looking to burn my budget.

Singlemode. Old, clunky, manual, fiddly and generally cantankerous are all fine, and would seem far more likely candidates for donation than new, svelte, automatic and spiffy, though I would not mind such if they happened. I can actually stand "not so great" splice loss pretty well, as I'm using singlemode 10km electronics with about 500m as my longest link. Equipment that may or may not function is fine - I tinker well.

501(c)3 nonprofit (private high school). Formal acknowledgment of all donations provided. Equipment will be used both for maintaining network and some hands-on student experience in fiber optics.
Reply to
Ecnerwal
Loading thread data ...

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.